Product Review of Wilderdog Utility Pack
If you found this page you are probably looking for a full blown overview of the Wilderdog Utility Pack! But before we get to the features and if we like this puppy fanny pack, let's talk a bit about why dog owners love a good fanny pack.
What is a Utility Pack/Fanny Pack
Most people that grew up in the 90's remember the fanny pack. Even if you never rocked a neon pink one while listening to Alanis Morissette. You certainly remember other people wearing them. We've learned that what once was popular will be popular again with time, and the Fanny Pack is Back!!!
If you aren't familiar a fanny pack or utility pack, it is a handsfree bag that can be attached around your waist. The utility version of fanny packs are a little more utilitarian an less about fashion. We are going to focus on these type of fanny packs in the review section of this article.
This type of bag is smaller and easier to carry than a backpack. They feature a single strap, can have multiple pockets and are perfect for walking your dog!
Why is a Utility Pack Great For Walking Your Dog
Have you ever went for a walk with your dog and forgot your poop bags? Face it, we've all been there! With a utility pack like the one we are reviewing from Wilderdog, you can put all your dog walking essentials in a single easy to carry bag. Toss it around you waste and never worry about how you are going to pick up that poop again!
As we mentioned, utility packs are a hands free bag with lots of pockets and storage. This makes them great for people who are walking with their dog.
Utility Pack vs Purse and Pockets
We would choose a utility pack for walking or working with dogs any day of the week. A purse is harder to carry and is generally not as snug fitting as a fanny pack. The strap is longer and doesn't hold the bag against your body. This makes it hard to be active with. Additionally the purse isn't usually setup for dog work, unlike these custom puppers utility packs we are reviewing below.
If you've tried to run or work out with stuff in your pockets, you know it doesn't work well. Your wallet and keys bouncing around or hitting your hand as it swings by. Instead, use a utility pack. It is more secure and keeps all your stuff in one place!
Wilderdog Utility Pack Reviewed for Dog Training
Enough with all the talk about why a utility pack is the best thing for walking or training with your dog. Let's get to the review of the Wilderdog Utility Pack!
Is the Wilderdog Utility Pack Durable?
Wilderdog's utility fanny pack is made from an ultra durable cotton-poly blend. This material will hold up well to daily use. It is also easy to clean. The material is water resistant to help avoid stains from ruining your day!
Features of the Wilderdog Utility Pack
- Poop Bag Dispenser - keeps bags from unrolling on you
- 3 Separate Pockets - keep your stuff separate from your pup stuff
- Lined Treat Pouch - optional stasher treat bag for messy treats
Sizes of Wilderdog Utility Pack Reviewed?
The Wilderdog Utility Pack comes in one size. It is approximately 10x6x2. Which makes it plenty big enough for all your gear! They also offer an awesome dog backpack that your pup can wear. It lets them carry their overnight stuff with them!
Is the Wilderdog Utility Pack Stylish
We think that the wilder dog utility pack has classic styling that goes well with just about anything. The colored top with the clean leather look bottom is very traditional. If you are looking for something more trendy check out the option below from bag below from Lululemon.
Wilderdog Utility Pack Extender Review
The fanny pack extender is great for people who need a little more room or want to carry the pack over their shoulder. Each end of the extender conveniently clips into the clips on the utility pack. There is a slider on the strap that allows you to size the extender to your desired length. We recommend using both the adjuster on the pack and the strap to dial in the perfect length.
The extender provides up to 24" of additional length to your utility pack.
Wilerdog Utility Pack Review: Common Questions
- Can you fit a full sized water bottle in the Wilder Utility Pack?
- You can fit up to a 20oz water bottle in the main pocket while still having room for more gear!
- Can you fit your cell phone in the Wilder Utility Pack?
- Yes, we haven't met a cell phone that doesn't fit in the wilderdog utility pack.
- How much does the Wilderdog Utility Pack Weigh?
- 4.4 ounces is the listed weight when empty. It also feels light when filled up, due to it's comfortable design. Compared to the competition we find it to be light.
- Is the Wilderdog Utility Pack Waterproof?
- The pack is listed as being made of a water resistant material. From our testing it seems like the contents of the bag would hold up to a light sprinkle, but if you are in a down poor your stuff is likely going to be wet.
- How long is the strap?
- The strap is adjustable. It fits waists from 33" to 48" without the optional extender. The optional extender adds up to an additional 24".
- Can you wear the pack across your chest?
- You can wear the pack across your chest, or some might say over your shoulder. Doing so might require a longer strap. Keep the extender in mind if you are frequently going to be carrying it in this fashion.
- Does Wilderdog offer a Lifetime Guarantee?
- There is a wilderdog lifetime guarantee on all products purchased from their website.
Accessories for your Wilderdog Utility Pack
carabiner clip - great for attaching a
foldable water bowl - perfect on a hike or a long walk
stasher treat pouch - when you have messy treats
Alternatives to the Wilderdog Utility Pack
Do We Recommend the Wilderdog Utility Pack?
There are lots of fanny pack and utility packs out there. We think the Wilderdog is one of the best on the market. We absolutely recommend it for all your dog's walks and adventures.
The article above contains Affiliate Links from Amazon and other companies. If you visit their site and buy the product, we will get a small commission. Please know that we only recommend products we love and would never recommend a product we think is less than great. We look at and try hundreds of products before we ever recommend them to our clients!