SERVING THE PHOENIX AREA
Suburban K9 offers professional, individualized dog training in Phoenix, AZ. We are renowned across the country for providing unique training programs for every dog. Our trainers have helped thousands of families in Phoenix and the surrounding suburbs live the happiest life possible with their dog.
Whether you have a rambunctious Yorkie or a mellow Great Dane, we offer fully customized training for you and your pup. Our tailored approach to your dog’s unique behaviors sets us apart from other dog trainers. Contact us today for a free virtual consult with an expert trainer to learn the best training option for you and your dog.
PHOENIX AREA CUSTOMIZED DOG TRAINING PROGRAMS
Board & Train Boot Camp
Your Dog will Live with one of our Expert Trainers!
Custom and convenient. All programs are tailored to your individual dog and needs. We pick-up, drop-off and provide follow up training in your home. Results Guaranteed!
SEE OUR DOG TRAINING IN ACTION
Dog Training at Fashion Square Mall
The Fashion Square Mall is a great place to work on socialization with your dog!
Come Command Guide
A perfect come command is the dream of every dog owner!
The Suburban K9 Difference
See what sets dog trainers with Suburban K9 apart from the rest!
WHAT OUR IN-HOME TRAINING CLIENTS ARE SAYING
- We contacted Suburban K9 to help with training our very sweet but very strong and very stubborn 90 pound, two year old Golden Retriever... read moreWe contacted Suburban K9 to help with training our very sweet but very strong and very stubborn 90 pound, two year old Golden Retriever puppy. We worked with Holly Wengerski and we thought she was terrific. Admittedly, at first I thought she might be too tough (this is our first dog so we have no point of reference) but I very quickly realized that Holly had sized up how Ranger "operated" and in order to achieve the training goals we had for him (better walks- no pulling on the leash and dragging us along, stopping and refusing to walk, coming (the first time) when we call him, not charging at guests when they come to our front door, sitting and staying etc.) we had to be tough. We had several sessions with Holly, and though it was quite expensive, I believe it was money well spent. Appointments were easy to set up, Holly was always on time (early in fact), and each session I felt was very productive- she seems to have a great understanding of how dogs think and behave. We spent time in our backyard, walking in the neighborhood, at the beach, and at Hollyfeed practicing the skills in "real world" situations/environments. For several of the sessions we even had Holly's dog accompany us to help Ranger along with his training. Holly would then send an email with "homework" to practice. I think Holly is a great trainer, and after working with her, I am a much more confident dog owner and Ranger is a much better behaved dog. read lessAllison QuackenbushThank you Liliana for helping with training for Chulo and Scooter so far! In the months that we’ve worked together Chulo is able to... read moreThank you Liliana for helping with training for Chulo and Scooter so far! In the months that we’ve worked together Chulo is able to be pet by strangers which I never thought was possible. I’m able to have peaceful walks and have knowledge to continue working on my dogs training in between training sessions. Looking forward to continue working together! read lessJoanna P.Alex & Oscar are fantastic! Their team approach to training our 3 dogs has been very effective and we are seeing great results!Ken R.
- Liliana from Suburban K9 really changed my relationship with my dog. I got him as a puppy and as he grew, it became obvious... read moreLiliana from Suburban K9 really changed my relationship with my dog. I got him as a puppy and as he grew, it became obvious the he was going to be strong and stubborn. I was getting really frustrated with his pulling on walks. So based on a personal recommendation from his daycare, I called. He has grown into a gorgeous lovebug. He's still feisty but he listens to commands and he's a joy to have in public. I love showing him off because he really helps to educate people about how gentle pitbull type dogs really are. Thanks Suburban K9. read lessTORI K.Nick Smoots was our trainer for our two Whoodle puppies. We signed up for the 15 week in home training. It was quite shocking... read moreNick Smoots was our trainer for our two Whoodle puppies. We signed up for the 15 week in home training. It was quite shocking on how fast our puppies listened to Nick (not us mind you). We thought it was a losing battle with the puppies. We did all the "homework" every day and it was amazing how they responded. We could not have done it without the training from Suburban K9. We worked well with Nick and his training techniques and found him to be very professional and knowledgeable. He has a great personality and the puppies respected him, TOTALLY. We spent a lot of weeks on the "recall" because of us having two dogs. We are going to be fine tuning what we learned from Nick almost every day. If we need any more guidance we will certainly contact Suburban K9 and request Nick. Thank you read lessMylinda LaPagliaMy Boston Terrier's and I had the joy of working with Remi! Before training, my pups were absolutely wild and I didn't know... read moreMy Boston Terrier's and I had the joy of working with Remi! Before training, my pups were absolutely wild and I didn't know how to reign them in. Remi didn't just train my pups, she trained me too! Every time a new command was taught, Remi explained to me the importance of it. So much has changed in such a short time. I'm truly grateful for the training Remi gave us and seeing the difference in my pups is worth all the hard work we did. I would recommend Remi to anyone!! read lessMichelle Casey
- Rebecca is an amazing trainer. Caring, compassionate with just the right blend of disiplene and empathy. We sent our Aussie Shepard/Terrier mix to her... read moreRebecca is an amazing trainer. Caring, compassionate with just the right blend of disiplene and empathy. We sent our Aussie Shepard/Terrier mix to her for a full 2 weeks training course at her homer. Bear is full of energy but she was able to teach him good behavious that has stayed wityh him months afte. Highly recommended. read lessStephen S.Rebecca was amazing to work with. At first I felt very dumb because she made it all look so easy. She was always available... read moreRebecca was amazing to work with. At first I felt very dumb because she made it all look so easy. She was always available for questions and offered to come out different times to work on additional techniques. The training worked well and Luna appeared to enjoy showing me all she learned. All in all it was a great experience. read lessL L.Great job training my puppy ! Holly is beyond amazing!!Brooke Carlson
- I sent my shelter pup to board and train with Erin for 2 weeks. Wow, what a difference! He is much more comfortable and... read moreI sent my shelter pup to board and train with Erin for 2 weeks. Wow, what a difference! He is much more comfortable and confident, less anxious and overall much better behaved. Plus, he walks like a dream on the leash. read lessAmy L.Hi, We had Nick Smoots as our trainer for an entire year with our two crazy lab puppies. He was great and did a... read moreHi, We had Nick Smoots as our trainer for an entire year with our two crazy lab puppies. He was great and did a wonderful job with our pups. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for dog training. read lessMichael OrzoffWe recently had a crazy pup join our family. A little French Bulldog named Dash! When he first came home with us it was... read moreWe recently had a crazy pup join our family. A little French Bulldog named Dash! When he first came home with us it was obvious we were going to need a ton of help getting him trained. We have other pups in the house but we felt like the best route was to contact a professional. We came along and found Suburban K9, every part of the process was easy and very fitting to what we were looking for. Once training started, we were paired with our trainer Erin, I truly can’t say enough great things about her. During our first meeting she took the time to really understand all of our goals and explained how they meet these goals during the coming weeks or training. After Dash headed off to start with Erin we were updated every step of the way! We received adorable pictures and videos of everything he was learning and all the fun he was having. On his go home date, Erin worked with us showing us everything he learned and how to continue his awesome training at home! If I can go back I would definitely do it all over again. Definitely give Suburban K9 a call if you looking for training! We can’t wait for our next session! Thank you Erin and Suburban K9 for working with Dash! read lessj h.
- Liliana and Suburban K9 have been absolutely incredible! Can't share enough about how detailed, caring, flexible, and productive she's been for us and our... read moreLiliana and Suburban K9 have been absolutely incredible! Can't share enough about how detailed, caring, flexible, and productive she's been for us and our Bernese Mountain dog, Harvey. We were unaware just how anxious and nervous the breed can be, and we were finding him having serious trouble interacting with anyone (dogs or people) he wasn't comfortable with. Anything that would spook him - unexpected noises, doors opening, etc. - set him off where he just couldn't be outside the house. She gave us a realistic vision of the progress Harvey could make and worked diligently with us to make significant improvements. He now can walk through a "scary" place like Lowe's with ease and has been much easier to manage. He (and us) truly would not be where we are without Liliana and we're so grateful for her! read lessZach B.Our family has rescued many dogs over the years. Gordon is our most recent rescue and he is a powerful and stubborn boy. At... read moreOur family has rescued many dogs over the years. Gordon is our most recent rescue and he is a powerful and stubborn boy. At home, Gordon is cute, cuddly and full of fun. On walks, it’s a different story! Because he is a pit bull, we were worried about how people were reacting to his ridiculous behavior around dogs in the neighborhood. Nick Smoots swiftly came to the rescue!! He assured us that Gordon’s behavior is really no different than many dogs but agreed that because he is a pit bull, he needed some obedience training immediately. I was shocked how quickly Nick’s support helped Gordon learn how to respect us. We needed Nick’s firm approach to Gordon and appreciated Nick’s kind heart as well. Nick always made us feel that Gordon was “A good boy” even though he was quite naughty. I highly recommend Nick to anyone who needs help with a tough pup. You will feel supported and safe. Training Gordon is hard work but it is paying off. I am so grateful for the time we spent with Nick. Gordon can still be ridiculous on walks sometimes but we are equipped with the right skills to redirect him and actually enjoy being in the neighborhood. Than you so much, Nick, for all of your help! read lessAnn CygnarLiliana is an outstanding instructor. I have had four wonderful dogs during my adult life that had trainers who were good but none can... read moreLiliana is an outstanding instructor. I have had four wonderful dogs during my adult life that had trainers who were good but none can I call professional: like Liliana. I have extended my program with her since I enjoy her teaching (not to mention my dog) and working with her. She is an asset to K-9. read lessStan A.
- My Suburban K9 trainer is Erin. She has done an outstanding job with my little guy Bilbo. I got the two-weeks boarding training option... read moreMy Suburban K9 trainer is Erin. She has done an outstanding job with my little guy Bilbo. I got the two-weeks boarding training option and she worked miracles. Bilbo came back following commands like I never thought he would. She taught him to sit, down, stay and come on command. She also got him house trained which I tried for almost 3 months with little success. The training doesn't end with the two weeks. She has made herself available for question and assistance to include two follow up training sessions. If you are looking for help with obedience training for your little buddy, I would recommend Erin. She has done an OUTSTANDING job with my Bilbo! read lessPatrick W.We could not be any happier with our choice for dog training! We did house calls and also the board and train with trainer... read moreWe could not be any happier with our choice for dog training! We did house calls and also the board and train with trainer Rebecca. We have a boxer and Rebecca started with her very early on at around 3 months of age. We loved having a few house calls prior to Rebecca taking our dog for her board and train because our dog got comfortable and knew Rebecca very well by that point. The two weeks our dog was in board and train, we got updates including pictures, videos, and the skills she had mastered. Other than the obvious of our dog getting the obedience skills she needed, we loved that we knew she was being loved, snuggled, and disciplined in a cozy home not a kennel type situation where the dog sat in a crate all day listening to other barking dogs and only coming out to train. Our dog was so loved while away from home and when Rebecca comes to our house now, our dog gets so excited to see her! We highly recommend this company for dog training and would do it again if we ever have another pup! read lessNicole D.Frank helped me with my 10 month old rescue. The dog was not used to being walked and starved for affection … a little... read moreFrank helped me with my 10 month old rescue. The dog was not used to being walked and starved for affection … a little too much …. Jumping on people, etc…. Frank help me learn the tools to engage my dog in acceptable behavior. We are now enjoying daily walks, he no longer surfs tables, sits when people approach, and an all around great dog now. Many thanks! read lessMaryann L.
DOG TRAINING IN PHOENIX
We offer our dog training to a very wide service area. We are pleased to
offer a service area that includes, but is not limited to: