SERVING THE JACKSONVILLE AREA
For all your dog training needs in Jacksonville and the surrounding suburbs, Suburban K9 is the top choice. We differentiate ourselves by going above and beyond standard group training classes.
Suburban K9 Jacksonville’s expert trainers come to your home and provide your dog with individualized attention. Check out our Private In-Home Lessons, Board and Train Programs, and Virtual Training! If you are looking for help with your pup, contact us today for a free virtual consult to learn the best training option for your situation.
JACKSONVILLE AREA CUSTOMIZED DOG TRAINING PROGRAMS
Board & Train Boot Camp
Your Dog will Live with one of our Expert Trainers!
Custom and convenient. All programs are tailored to your individual dog and needs. We pick-up, drop-off and provide follow up training in your home. Results Guaranteed!
SEE OUR DOG TRAINING IN ACTION
Jacksonville Dog Trainer
Zachary training in beautiful Jacksonville Florida!
Come Command Guide
A perfect come command is the dream of every dog owner!
The Suburban K9 Difference
See what sets dog trainers with Suburban K9 apart from the rest!
WHAT OUR IN-HOME TRAINING CLIENTS ARE SAYING
- We appreciated the individualized attention and plan for training our rescue dog Evie. Nick was firm yet friendly. He did not coddle her and told us when we needed to be more firm ( not repeating instructions ), or how to modify a behavior . This is especially important now that we are taking her to a class that teaches dogs to be therapy dogs - this is toward the end of her one on one training. The first couple of weeks we had her she was shaking upon approach, fearful, matted and malnourished. We could not take her to a group class but very much wanted her to succeed with training as her socialization progressed. She did not respond to treats - as she spat them out no matter which we tried . Also, she is full grown at 11 pounds, so people were more likely to pet her without asking . The last thing we wanted is a bad reaction from her. We attribute her ability to obey given praise instead of constant treats to what we learned from Nick. She is weaning off of the prong collar to a harness over the next few weeks . We are grateful to have a well behaved , friendly dog who can safely be around kids, adults and other dogs .read moreread lessAlesia W.1/28/2024Cooper and Abby, our 5 months old adopted puppies were a large challenge for our household. Being older adults, we were very apprehensive about taking on this challenge. We really want our puppies to develop into friendly, social and obedient companions. Having Holly and Doug, our Suburban K-9 trainers, work with our puppies and us over the past two months has shown the potential for success and how to make it happen. They are professionals with amazing experience and ideas, combined with energy, discipline and compassion. We are beyond happy that we signed up for the Year Plus In Home Training program. We highly recommend Suburban K-9 for making your dog or dogs a great part of your family. Thank you, Holly and Doug!!read moreread lessDeborah C.1/27/2024Solstice with the mostest! My overexcited pitty solstice is a different dog after the 3 week board and train. And in an amazing way! Suburban k9 was updating me every step of the way and they know what they are doing. She can now walk correctly, Drop objects, come On command, is good off leash, and she listens. I have had sol since 8 weeks and have never had a dog on my own. She has always been a handful. But now she is truly enjoyable and an even better dog. I will be back to suburban k9 for more dogs and highly recommend. Thank you to Katie who had the patience I didn’t. But also the techniques. Also shout out to Maggie. An enjoyable experience all Around and worth the money. Sol is an amazing dog more than ever. Thanks suburban k9!! 😊😊😊read moreread lessRichard Wilson1/27/2024
- To say we did our research is an understatement. We wanted to make sure that our dog, Grey, would be in an environment where she would be comfortable, cared for and trained with positive reinforcement and without fear. I own my own dog daycare/boarding facility and I have high expectations regarding care, comfort and respect for dogs. One of our clients at our daycare has one of the most well behaved, well trained dogs I've ever met. I asked her parents where their dog was trained and enthusiastically they mentioned Suburban K9. I knew this would be the experience we were looking for. Even better, Grey would be a guest in her trainer's home. The more we read about Suburban K9, the more I loved it and the more of my personal clients I found who also used the program. All of my clients who have used the program are extremely well behaved, sweet dogs. Our 4 month old rescue, Grey, had a problem nipping, counter surfing, jumping on guests and all of the other traits of an untrained puppy. We tried to work with her but were lost when it came to training. We decided on the 2 Week Board and Train with our trainer LaShaunti. Grey has been home a few days now from her stay and she is a completely different dog, in a good way. For the first time since rescuing our girl we were able to sit down as a family without Grey jumping on the table and stealing our food. Grey will stay in a down/stay position and we are able to answer the door and greet guests. We even sat on the couch and had popcorn during a movie night and she sat next to us without nibbling on our young children or grabbing a kernel for herself. It's incredible! LaShaunti was an absolute pleasure to work with. She has a very caring and calm demeanor and you can tell that training dogs is her life's passion. Every other day she would send photo/video updates to let us know how she was progressing which was extremely comforting. It was so cool to see Grey sitting at Home Depot or the Mall in a down/stay position without someone holding the end of the leash. We couldn't believe Grey's control! After the two weeks, LaShaunti came back to drop off Grey and teach us what Grey learned and how to continue to grow her training. She has a straight forward approach which I appreciate greatly. It was fun to talk with her about our dog and you could tell she loved her time working with Grey. We enjoyed working with her so much that we decided to continue 10 in home sessions with her over the course of the next year. This will help correct and train any new habits Grey may form in her teenage years and into adulthood. I highly recommend Suburban K9, especially trainer LaShaunti and our entire family is blown away by Grey's progress! THANK YOU LaShaunti and Suburban K9!read moreread lessLori W.1/26/2024Shelby trained my standard poodle puppy Lucy at her “In home board and train” program. She did a great job and Lucy came back to us much better than she left. It’s a continuous process when they are puppies and Shelby was available for additional training for us and Lucy. We are very happy with the results. We highly recommend Shelby and Suburban K9.read moreread lessLisa B.1/25/2024We had done some basic training with our dog, but we were greatly struggling with walking at heel and communicating our behavior expectations to our young dog. Suburban K-9’s trainer gave us the tools to create clear behavior expectations and an improved bond with our dog. If you are struggling, I can strongly recommend investing in training with Suburban K-9. We are so glad we did!read moreread lessMelinda M.1/23/2024
- I sent my anxious new puppy to the two week boot camp training with Molly at Suburban K9. I was definitely nervous sending him away for so long but it's been almost 20 years since I've had a puppy and was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Shortly after booking I had some concerns about training methods and discussed with Molly. I really appreciated that she wanted to ensure I was comfortable and offered other suggestions. Communication was great and I’m so happy to say my pup came home so much more confident with both people and other dogs. He has a good foundation that we’ve continued to build on with Molly’s assistance . She offered helpful suggestions during our follow up sessions and it made me happy to see how excited Walter was to get to see her again. He also got to spend some time with Haley in Orlando. It was great for him to get some diverse experiences and interact with other dogs. I had nothing but positive experiences with her as well. I would definitely recommend!read moreread lessJennifer Puryear1/23/2024Zach Westfall was our trainer for Oliver - Zach is truly amazing! Zach treated Oliver like his own, he was able to teach him good manners and discipline! Zach’s teaching methods of caring & compassion combined with his ability to connect with Oliver resulted in a well behaved puppy! Highly recommend Zach!read moreread lessLisa C.1/23/2024Suburban K9 and specifically Twila have been amazing. Our puppy loves her and has learned so much in a short amount of time. We used the train and stay for a week and then have been getting weekly at home visits. My pup is a bit nervous so not having to leave the house makes it all the better. Thanks for caring about your job and others Twila, it shows and we appreciate you!!read moreread lessCarrie Panacek1/16/2024
- I called Suburban K9 for help with my new pup and my trainer (Nick) was unbelievably patient, understanding and knowledgeable about the canine mindset. Nick spent time with Lilo acclimating him to new environments, taught me how to “heal” him so he was easier to walk, and demonstrated other training techniques I could use when new behaviors need be addressed. The best part? - Nick adored my dog and Lilo can’t get enough of him! Thank you, Nick!read moreread lessMasters F.1/12/2024Our family used Nick Smoots (Chicago area location) to help socialize and train our rescue lab/shepard mix, Lily. Nick was honest about how much work Lily would need but did not oversell us. She had been very poorly socialized before coming to live with us and struggled with the effects of litter mate syndrome. I appreciate Nick’s direct approach for dog training. He identified her trouble areas and helped train Lily (and me) on how to be out in the world or have guests to our home safely and happily. We worked on recall, basic commands and walking nicely as well as LOTS of socialization with people in public and at home and with other dogs. I have owned dogs in the past but felt very overwhelmed with Lily’s needs as she was very scared and that fear maybe her seem aggressive. I now feel safe and excited to have guests to my home and take my dog on adventures and run errands. She is happier too! It was a great experience working with Nick!read moreread lessSarah M.1/12/2024We had a stubborn German Shepherd puppy on our hands. A call to Suburban K9 Dog Training and a match to Addison Reed who has alot of knowledge of the breed. We couldn't have asked for a better trainer. Addison was a perfect match for Jaxs. Addison worked with us so we could work with Jaxs. We are so proud of Jaxs because with Addisons help Jaxs is a love bug that listens. Thank you Addison!. I would highly recommend Addison and Suburban K9.read moreread lessCarol C.1/09/2024
- Kati is an outstanding dog trainer! We own a 1.5-year-old German Shepherd who developed reactivity after a traumatic event in our new apartment. Additionally, our 3-year-old dog started showing reactive behaviors and resource guarding towards our German Shepherd. We opted for the in-home training program, which effectively addressed both issues. Kati's approach is a perfect blend of friendliness and firmness. She excels in listening to our concerns, actively devising solutions, and offering techniques specifically designed for our dogs and us as owners. Her method involves understanding the entire dog, not just isolated behaviors, focusing on STRENGTH-BASED approaches.Kati sets realistic goals and assignments, ensuring consistent training progress and helping us become more competent dog owners and advocates!read moreread lessSamantha-Jane Lopez1/09/2024After dealing with Heartworm and a move, our dog Bones, a 2-year old pitbull/mix of everything was super stressed out and behaving unusually. We came to Suburban K9 with a list of things we wanted to work on with Bones, and by the end of our 10 lessons Bones has become a better dog than we could ever have dreamed! From the first session our trainer Evan took an interest in Bones & it was clear he cared about helping Bones become the best dog he can be. In the future we will be quick to recommend Evan & Suburban K9 to anyone is looking to get training for their dog!read moreread lessJacob A.1/02/2024Fantastic training service! Sam was great with my dog and gave me all the tools I need to continue my dog's training journey. He's so much better behaved generally and easier to handle now.read moreread lesschrissy g.1/02/2024
- We were thrilled with the training that Evan and K9 provided our 3 year old Mini-Labradoodle. In the 2 weeks that Evan had her, he trained her to be a very well behaved dog that obeys commands like sit, down, stay, heel and to be very well behaved when others are around. Additionally, I can now play fetch with her unleashed in open public areas with her obeying my commands. Most impressive, he provided her the foundational skills that has allowed her to pass the official Service Dog training which made it very easy for me to do with her after the K-9 training. I would highly recommend Evan and K-9.read moreread lessMike R.1/02/2024I recently contacted Suburban K9 for help getting my 3yo German shepherd to be less reactive on walks as well as introducing her properly to my newly adopted cats. I was able to work with Brooke. She was able to see my situation at my home and give me a specific plan that would work best with my dogs demeanor and personality. I’ve already seen great progress on both the walking and the introduction process. I’m very hopeful that I can meet my goals with the tools that she gave me. I will definitely go with Suburban K9 for future training. They understand that every dog and situation is different and apply that to the training methods.read moreread lessStephanie S.1/02/2024We worked with Samantha Doig, with a 6-year old lab and a 2-years old lab. Within a few months my dogs were noticeably better behaved and listened better. She was great, very professional and knowledgeable, and really cared about our dogs. I would recommend Suburban K9 to anyone owner, whether new or old, and any dog of any age.read moreread lessJohn G.1/02/2024
DOG TRAINING IN JACKSONVILLE
We offer our dog training to a very wide service area. We are pleased to
offer a service area that includes, but is not limited to: