Many dogs behave well in traditional obedience classes, but revert back to their same bad habits at home. The whole point of training your dog is so they behave at home, in the neighborhood, or wherever you go. It’s critical to do training right and make sure it takes hold. Suburban K9 knows how important it is for you and your family to have a well-behaved dog at all times. That’s why we bring obedience training home, to the place where your pup is most familiar and most comfortable. Our in-home training allows us to work on obedience commands as well as any issues you may be experiencing around the house.
Suburban K9 believes in-home training is simply more effective and convenient than many traditional classes. At home, we’re able to provide a deeper, more focused level of one-on-one attention—the gold standard in dog training. Our in-home training is an hour and a half long to ensure we can make progress with each lesson. Here’s how we approach improving your pup’s behavior:
- The first ten to fifteen minutes of the session are devoted to our trainers learning all about your dog. This is the time for you to discuss specific problems your dog is having. The more our trainers are able to learn, the better they can help.
- The remainder of the session is devoted to training. Our professionals will show you how the training is done—instead of just telling you—and provide tips for practicing what you and your dog have learned.
- Lessons end with the trainer assigning customized homework based on your dog’s areas of concern. You’ll also be able to ask questions about anything and everything related to your dog. You can even contact your trainer after the session for no extra charge.
The best thing about in-home training is our ability to meet the needs of customers on a variety of budgets. Sometimes clients want us to focus on one or two behaviors, while others prefer a more complete package.
There’s no better convenience than in-home training, tailored specifically for your dog. Our trainers are capable of doing it all, and we’re adept at helping with the following:
- Obedience commands including; sit, stay, down, heel, etc.
- Off leash come
- House breaking
- Pulling on the leash
- Aggressive behaviors
- Destroying owner’s belongings
- Anti-social behavior
- Digging holes
Our main goal is to help dogs and their owners live happily together. The dogs that go through our in-home training programs end up behaving better with other dogs, with strangers, and with their owners. We aim to make sure that every dog has a chance to have the best life possible. Contact us today to learn how we can provide invaluable in-home training for you and your dog.